Monday, December 31, 2007

In Addition

I read other things besides books. Every day I read The Ithaca Journal, The New York Times, The Utica Observer Dispatch and the Herkimer Evening Telegram. I also subscribe to many magazines – Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Every Day Food, Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, Allure, Real Simple, British Country Living, Olive (a British cooking magazine), and Red (a British women’s magazine similar to Vogue). I am also addicted to British tabloids and read at least 2 or 3 a day online.

Since I promised to write reviews of only items our library system owned during this past year, I didn’t include reviews of two books I read in addition. One was the fascinating book, Among the Thugs by Bill Buford which details soccer hooligans in England during the 1980s before I went on a trip to Manchester, UK. It also happens to have in my opinion one of the best book covers ever. I also read the British mystery Strange Blood by Lindsay Ashford during my trip, which is coming out now in the US. I also read The Pickup, our Community Read book for 2007 5 times but thought it would be boring to readers to include reviews each time I read it.

It was hard yet rewarding work to read 100 novels this past year. My favorites included The Exception by Christian Jungersen, Consequences by Penelope Lively, My French Whore by Gene Wilder, and In the Woods by Tana French. I can’t wait to see what 2008 has in store for my reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home